Saturday, April 4, 2015

Hallelujah! It is empty! by Suzanne Hancock

Empty Linen
By Emily Harris

The linen which once held Him is empty.
It lies there,
Fresh and white and clean.
The door stands opened.
The stone is rolled away,
And I can almost hear the angels singing His praises.
Linen cannot hold Him.
Stone cannot hold Him.
The words echo through the empty limestone chamber,
“He is not here.”
The linen which once held Him is now empty.
It lies there,
Fresh and white and clean
And oh, hallelujah, it is empty.

===============================================================
I echo this poet's sentiment.

Hallelujah, it is empty, and I will once again embrace loved ones gone from this earth.

Hallelujah, it is empty, and my soul finds rest from weakness and error in His redeeming grace.

Hallelujah, it is empty, and time has no hold on my family's bond.

Hallelujah, it is empty, and the marks in His hands and in His feet exemplify obedience, sacrifice, and love.

Hallelujah, it is empty, and He lives again, still, ever, to bring peace to my raging storms and guide my ship back home. Home to Him.

Hallelujah! It is empty!

1 comment:

  1. Hallelujah! It is empty, and our bonds of friendship, as well as family, are eternal. Happy Easter Suzanne. Love you!

    ReplyDelete