Saturday, December 12, 2015

The Magic is Within Us by Breonna Ellington

Christmas time is honestly and truly the most wonderful time of the year. Growing up in such a small, close community, I always felt that there was some sort of magic that happened. From the goodies, the lights, the friendly happy faces, and the smell of warm fires… Christmastime is magical.

As I reflect on my Christmases growing up, I can think of SO many that were special and unforgettable. From my parents buying my siblings and I a 4-wheeler and spending ALL Christmas day riding it up and down our road, to my parents surprising us with a trip to Hawaii! I've realized how much my parents did to make sure we had the most magical Christmases. My mom and dad are truly the most selfless and most kind-hearted people I have ever encountered in my life. I think about my dad taking us out to go cut wood, so our neighbors around town could have a warm Christmas. I remember my sweet mamma making 100's of cinnamon rolls to take to her work, friends, and families that needed a little Christmas love. I remember my mom organizing 12 days of Christmas and my siblings racing to the car, last one in had to be the runner:). My parents made our Christmases about their children and others.

Being a mamma to my own mini me, I've come to realize that maybe there isn't magic that comes with Christmastime; maybe it is the way we treat others around this beautiful time of year that makes it so completely majestic. I am so thoroughly blessed to live in this amazing community. I'm blessed that my husband and I get to raise our little girl in a place where people say "Merry Christmas" and make Christmastime so kind, magical, and undoubtedly the most wonderful time of the year.

2 comments:

  1. I love your family:) You all have been such a blessing in my life and the lives of my own family. Hope your Christmas was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete