Sunday, February 11, 2018

A Thanksgiving Miracle-- by Tawnya Pulsipher


Have you ever asked yourself why me? What have I done to deserve this….This is a question I continue to ask myself.

On Sunday November 19th 2017 we left our home after our Sunday meetings and headed to Mesa… my husband had a surgery scheduled for Monday November 20th in Tucson, AZ. We woke up early the next day and headed to Tucson for surgery… all went well and we drove back to Mesa for the night. Tuesday November 21st we drove to Kanab, UT for the night. Wednesday morning continued our travels to our destination Escalante, Utah to spend Thanksgiving with my father and my other mother; Keith and Linda Carter.

We unpacked and settled in for the weekend, catching up into the night. I put the frozen Turkey in the bath tub filled with cold water and ice and went to bed. Early Thursday November 23rd 2017 Thanksgiving morning we began cooking the feast, Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, green bean casserole, yams and cranberry sauce. Plus Pies: Pumpkin, Cherry, Chocolate, Lemon, and my favorite Pecan. Throughout the day I paused to count my blessings and I went for a stroll up the road behind Dad's house now the Escalante Petrified State Park as I reflected on my many blessings. My mind flooding with wonderful childhood memories with Dad… I miss my Dad he isn’t there anymore mentally he has checked out to Alzheimer’s.



Fast forward to Sunday November 26th 2017 approximately 4pm we return home to the Town of Friendly Neighbors St. Johns, AZ. When I walked into our home through the back door into the kitchen I felt warmth and could smell gas… I turned to the right and to my surprise I was shocked to see flames on our gas stove burner and the pan on top of the flames that I had used to make my husband a fried egg sandwich just prior to leaving town one week ago… I walked over to the stove and there no more than an inch away from the flame laid a paper plate on top of the stove. My eyes wide with the feeling of horror rushing through me, how could I have been so stupid? Our home could have burnt to the ground while we were away. As my mind registered what I was witnessing… I picked up the paper plate turned the burner off as my thoughts started reflecting on a prayer.

I recalled kneeling in prayer in our living room before we left town the week before and asking for Heavenly Angels to surround and protect our home while we were going to be away… overwhelmed with emotion tears running down my face… I walked into the living room and stopped, dropped, kneeled and prayed expressing gratitude that our house was still standing “A Thanksgiving Miracle.

I have a testimony of the power of prayer and that heavenly angels surround us and bless our lives. I believe our loved ones on the other side of the veil are our heavenly angels and oft times are the ones assigned to answer our prayers. God is in the details of our lives this I testify. Do Miracles cease to happen…? I say Nay!



I am eternally grateful our home is still standing and wonder why me? What did I do to deserve this when sadly so many tragedies happen daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment