Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Stronger Wind, Stronger Tree --- by Tyler Johnson

I want to share with all of you my testimony of my Savior and His work. I hope that this will rekindle your faith and enable your mind in the service of God. He does have an immense amount of love for you. 

When I was on my mission, I found it to be a struggle, but it was also a joy. I think back to the beginning and where I was spiritually, and I know that the things I was doing and my thoughts on what I wanted to do were not all in harmony with the Savior. I think about my thoughts now, and I feel a feeling of comfort and also a feeling to do more, to continue in the service of the Lord. Even though I may have no clue of what my Father in Heaven wants me to do, I feel safe in His hands. I feel safe in giving myself to Him and doing what I feel is right and what He wants me to do, even if it makes no sense to me.

I know that this Gospel is true. I went on my mission with the hope that what I was doing was right, but through the experiences I have had and through the struggles of a broken heart and a contrite spirit, I can testify that the Savior has comforted me and answered my prayers as I endured my struggles righteously, not knowing the outcome but trusting in God. He does care, and He WILL help. I know that to be true. I've noticed that his help usually came at my breaking point, where I felt lost and forsaken. These trials have built me into who I am now. "Where there is a stronger wind, there is a stronger tree." Without God's love and without Him giving me these opportunities to grow, I know there would be no exercising of my faith. I am truly grateful for the struggles I was given. I would not change anything about my mission. I learned so much and loved every second of it.

There is nothing better than being in the service of God.

1 comment: