Sunday, April 9, 2017

Become as a Little Child by Deanne Wahl

I have been thinking a lot lately about the Savior’s invitation to “become as a little child.”  I have six children of my own and am constantly thinking of how they are learning and understanding the gospel.  I have been blessed with the opportunity to be their mom, and need to teach them the principles of the gospel.  It is a task that I am often worried that I am falling short on.  I know this church is true and I know that the principles taught in it bring happiness and peace, but how do I show this to my children?

As I have been wondering this lately, I had a thought that has become a great source of peace to me.  Maybe I need to stop worrying so much about teaching them, and I need to listen and learn from them.  Christ asked us to become like a little child, and I need to follow his teachings.
  
Through my callings as a mother and in the Primary, I am daily amazed at the strength of our children.  They have the ability to believe completely and to feel and recognize the spirit.  I watch as the spirit touches their lives, and they recognize it and believe its promptings.  They do not doubt it once they have felt it.  They love entirely without conditions.  They look for those whom they can serve.  They are excited about baptism and love to tell people about the church.  They do not have a fear of offending when they speak the truth. They have faith that their prayers will be answered.  Their first thought during hard times is to pray and turn to our Father in Heaven.

I want to have the faith, love, and belief that the children do.  I need to try harder to look for the good in others.  I need to not doubt when the spirit speaks to me.  I need to act when I am asked to serve.  I have a strong testimony that the Lord has given me my children so we can help EACH OTHER, and that I need to learn from them as much, if not more, than they need to learn from me.  I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who is patient with me in my shortcomings and who places people in my lives that will help bring me closer to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment