Saturday, April 29, 2017

Just Do One Day by Leslie Welker Wenhardt

My sweetest answer to prayer happened about 11 years ago. It had been a year since Gary, my husband, died in an auto accident. There aren't words to express the heartbreak that goes along with that, but I'm sure anyone losing someone they love can relate. At this point, 11 years ago, my son, Mike, had gone to Guatemala to serve his mission there, and my youngest daughter was soon to graduate and go off to college. I was crumbling inside. I felt broken and could not find relief. My prayers came from a desperation I had never known.

In my need, answers came, slowly at first and with two questions: "Did you know that people that suffer from depression live in the past? And people that suffer from anxiety live in the future?" WHAT? That was what I was suffering from, the back and forth of those two emotions! Then the sweet answers began to flow. Just do one day! I could do one day! Then the beauty of the heavens helped inspire me what to do I.

That one day, first be aware of what I love about myself; second look for something to look forward to today that inspires hope; third what does my Heavenly Father want me to learn? (It's always  something uplifting); fourth, whom can I serve? (which has turned into what I look forward to); then, fifth, what am I grateful for?

These answers have changed my life in ways that would be difficult to write here and would take too long. I will say that the love I feel from my Father and Savior has transformed me! So much so that I have shared these five things with anyone I feel prompted to, and I've seen how they have blessed others’ lives. I start every day with LOVE and end every day with GRATITUDE!  Everything in between is HOPEFUL and UPLIFTING.

I love how kind and personal this answer has been. The only way I can begin to thank my Heavenly Father is to take his advice one day at a time. I can do one day!

5 comments:

  1. Lori gardner-oliverMay 1, 2017 at 8:49 AM

    I love you so much cuz! I would love to be able to live this. I live in the past and worry about the future everyday. It's so hard to just live in today. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's your nephew Tyler. I've been going through a very hard time and this was the first thing I read this morning. I'm going to try this starting today. Thank you Aunt Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon HutchinsMay 1, 2017 at 2:57 PM

    So well said! I try to do this every day as well! "I can do today" and "We can do hard things "! Love you Les!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you so much Leslie! I love your faith and how close you are to the Spirit! You are an inspiration to me and to so many!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To say I love your guts seems insufficient somehow. Thank you for this post my wonderful friend. I'm going to do my best to wake up with love each morning. So much love my kids are gonna wonder who I am💕 p.s. I miss my Ashley. Spank her buns for me next time you see her.

    ReplyDelete