Saturday, July 29, 2017

What is Your Vision? by Sister Kadee Avila


I've wondered recently and reflected on why our Savior and older Brother has played such a role in my life. How I've allowed Him to be so involved in every aspect and what has come of me doing so.

I was pondering what original vision I had for my mission when I first came out. All of us in life start anything we do with a vision right? We have goals, whether we intentionally set them or not. When you start pre-season your vision is to play, practice, work in unity and ultimately win right? It’s the same with anything we do.

My first vision of coming on my mission was not to baptize a certain number of people, or esteem to have a leadership assignment….

I knew the Lord had a work for me to do and figured that the work would look like whatever He saw fit to have it look like. Figured it would be close to his ministry- loving people.

So I just kinda leaped.

My testimony of our Savior was very quiet and personal to me before I came out here. I knew our Father in Heaven had a plan for me and ALL His Children. I believed that and in faith I trusted and followed…

But it was when I felt the most bitter grief and sorrow in my life that I fully came to understand a bit more and know that our Savior Jesus Christ is the center of God's plan for each of us.

(And I've lived an absolutely charmed life. But for me at my own personal low- that's when I came to know that the Savior loves us and will meet us there and bring us up.)

I've found the vision I've had for my mission has been for Him to make of it and me whatever His will is. For this I'm so grateful.

I love this Gospel. I love this work.

I love having faith, repenting, and following the guidance of His holy Spirit. I love the Sacrament and renewing our Baptismal covenants, and I know there is power and truth in these ordinances and words. I've changed and I love Him for it.

I know our Savior lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment