Sunday, August 2, 2015

Small Town Family by Holly Bond

It has taken this entire town to raise me, and after 22 years, I have realized the importance of being brought up in a small town. We all know one another and always look out for each other. It has taken leaders, mothers, friends, dads, and co-workers to teach me things and help me grow. Although most of these people are not related to me, they are all a part of my extended family. They have loved and cared for me, just as family would. That is the way it was intended to be. We are all brothers and sisters with the same Heavenly Father, and we are fortunate enough to live in a place where we can implement His plan. As we serve one another, we will find that family is the most important thing in this lifetime. The Lord wants us to reach out to those in need. He wants us to love one another. He expects us to teach each other daily. He wants us to be an earthy family, just as we were in the pre mortal life. A small town childhood has given me the opportunity to realize that my family tree is a lot bigger than I ever thought. We are all concerned of the well-being of one another, and with that kind of love, there is a relationship. I am grateful for the multiple mothers and fathers, for the teachers and leaders, for the friends and peers; for all who have gone out of their way to treat me as if I was one of their own. The town of St. Johns is such a wonderful community, filled with so many wonderful people, and I am immensely blessed to be surrounded by them all.

1 comment:

  1. I love this Holly! It expresses exactly how I feel, both as a kid growing up here far from "family" and as an adult raising my own kids.

    ReplyDelete