Saturday, November 28, 2015

He Calleth Them All By Their Names by Kate Nosker Tanner

Growing up, I always loved looking at the stars. If I got home late in the evening, I would take a moment to look up at the stars… even in the -30 degree weather of a Minnesota January. Living 30 minutes from the Twin Cities there was a lot of light pollution and only the brightest stars could be seen. We moved to St. Johns a year and a half ago, and one of the first things I noticed was how breathtaking the night sky was. I can see so much more than where we were living in Minnesota. 

When I see the stars I am reminded of how much my Heavenly Father loves me. "He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names." (Psalms 147:4) Amongst all the billions and billions of stars out there, he knows each and every one of us personally. I'm grateful for the knowledge that my Father in Heaven loves me. He knows me; He knows my fears, my weaknesses, my hopes, and my dreams.

Never have I been more reminded of that than during the past 19 months. The trials my family and I have experienced have been difficult, but I know we are where we're supposed to be. These trials have helped me grow closer to my Heavenly Father, to seek His will. The darker the night, the more stars you can see and the brighter they shine. 

I feel my Savior's love
In all the world around me.
His Spirit warms my soul
Through ev'rything I see.

He knows I will follow him,
Give all my life to him.
I feel my Savior's love,
The love he freely gives me.

1 comment:

  1. I love the stars too! It always make me feel like I'm surrounded by proof of God's light and love.

    ReplyDelete