Saturday, March 26, 2016

On This Easter Day by Brittany Pulsipher


Easter Time
by Leslie A. Nebeker

I love the world at Easter time
Because everthing is new.
There are blossoms on our fruit trees
And in our garden too.

And where the grass was dead and brown,
It's starting to look green.
The world just seems to come alive
Whenever it is spring.

It makes me think of Jesus
And that great, first Easter Day,
Of how He came to live on earth
To teach us to obey.

He died for us upon the cross
And suffered for our sins.
Then, like the tress and flowers in spring,
He came to life again.

And now when it is springtime,
I'm filled with Jesus' love.
I know He rose again so I
Could live with HIm above.

I love the simplicity and yet significance in this poem.  Springtime is such a beautiful time of year, full of blossoms and new growth.  I love the comparisons of spring to that of the resurrection.  I am so grateful for Jesus Christ.  He was willing to come to this earth and suffer for us so we can have the opportunity to repent, be forgiven, and someday return home to live with our Father in Heaven again.  Through Jesus Christ, we can be made clean, perfect, and whole.  It is such a comfort to me because I am not perfect, and I am learning as I go.  I am a wife and mother and am just trying my best each day.  I make lots of mistakes, so I am forever grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ, for His willingness to suffer and die for me and for each one of us.  I am grateful for the love that He shows me and I can feel by the beautiful surroundings and the sweet innocence of my children.  I am grateful for His life, love, example, atonement, and resurrection.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your testimony! The perfect words for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete