Sunday, November 6, 2016

A Letter for Home... written by Miles S. Crosby

Dear St. Johns,

Thank you.  Thank you for 32 years being my home. You have raised my wife, my family, and me, providing not just two parents but dozens. You employed me for nearly a decade and I am grateful for all we’ve been through. We have been through highs and lows, I’ve cried with your losses and cheered with your victories and now I leave you in the caring hands of my fellow officers. All I ask of you is treat them well. Hold them sacred, for they are called to protect you from the evils you never see. You may not like them or the laws they are required to enforce, but there is not one of them that wouldn’t lay down their life for you, for they are your Peacemakers. We are not the Peacemakers because we come and demand peace; we are the Peacemakers because we offer peace.  We give you someone to hate when it’s just too hard to be angry with your loved one who made a poor choice, or even yourself, for we would rather carry the burden for you. We carry your burden long after you have forgotten it.

It is our choices that define us and shape our lives.  I made the choice to become a peace officer in St. Johns in 2008 and it was the best decision I ever made. St. Johns was the choice that defined my life. I met my beautiful wife Jenna and we had our gorgeous daughter Tycie.  St. Johns not only was a choice but a calling. And just like all callings, it's now time to move onto the next calling. It’s my time to leave and I’m taking all I have learned from you. It has been my honor to do so. I am grateful for the life all of you have given me. I am the product of my town and I pray I have served you with honor.

St. Johns, Thank you.


Miles S. Crosby

15 comments:

  1. Thank you Miles, I know you loved your job and you will be missed.

    Thank you for your comments. We needed to be reminded of just how lucky we are to have the good, caring offices we have.

    Thanks again for your service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Miles!!! We love you and your sweet family. You will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well written Miles...we love the man you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miles Crosby,
    From the days I met you and served as your DARE officer in your fifth grade class, I could tell you were going to be a special young man. I was full of pride when I found out you had become a police officer.

    Thank you for serving St. John's and it's special citizens. I wish you and your loved ones the best future ahead.

    Take care Lad.

    Bob Tinney
    A/Lt. Gila River Police Dept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Miles. Safe travels and godspeed to you and yours. We'll miss you all. Good luck in your new pursuit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miles, I think it has been the pleasure od St. Johns having you serve on the police force. You are smart and fair and that town should be sorry to lose you. I'm sorry I won't see you more, but I'm sure you are moving on to bigger and better things not just for you, but your family. You'll be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all your hard work most of all it was amazing growing up with you in the hood... hope your journey is a great success you will always be welcomed back home here in good Ole st John's.. sending love to you need ya family from Jessica poe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've watched you grow up and it's been great fun. The highlight was your marriage to Jenna and the birth of a daughter. I'm very proud of you and your service to our town. Thank you! Now, on to the next big adventure! I wish you and your family safe travels and much success.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miles I have watch you grow up to be a wonderful man. You will be truly missed. Thank you for everything u have done for our community. May God bless you and your family as you are on to new adventures in your life. Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miles, you are a great example to all who know you. You are one of my favorite cousins of all time. Good luck in your future endeavors. I know with your great attitude and fantastic wife you will do well in what ever you do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miles,

    Being past classmates with you at SJ High, it was really cool to see you transition to watching over our home town. Good luck to you on your next journey! We appreciate you.

    best,

    Javier Montoya

    ReplyDelete
  13. Miles
    I thank you for you service not only to this town but to me and my co-workers especially. You were always so willing to accompany us and protect us. You made us feel more secure when you were with us. You will be missed Virginia Butler

    ReplyDelete
  14. Miles
    Thank you for being the stand up officer you were. Wish you and your family much happiness in your new adventures. Enjoy the south its a whole new world back there!!!! Teri Winans

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all. You all are a great part of this town.

    ReplyDelete