Sunday, November 13, 2016

Home Is Where the Heart Is by Cassidy Crockett Wahl

Here we are... in St.Johns, again. A young family, a new job, and a future that is as bright as our faith. To my husband, St. Johns has always been home. He was born and raised here...filled with wonderful life lessons and memories from this town. Now, I was not “born” here, however, when people ask me where I’m from, this is the place I call home. I was raised here. 


I feel overjoyed  to be a mother and have the freedom to raise my children here. I love that my children will learn to wave to EVERY car that we drive by. I’m grateful that they have the gospel surround them here. That through their family, friends, teachers, and coaches they will always have admirable examples. I cherish that they will grow up with neighbors. Neighbors who will answer a ringing phone at 2AM, put their Sunday clothes on, and come to your home to help your dad administer a priesthood blessing to you.  I love that they will learn to work, learn to serve, and learn to love. 

Because of this little town, I have a husband (who I have loved since I was in 6th grade) who loves me... I have my favorite snow cone flavor... I have friendships that will last forever. I have memories that make me laugh and cry. I have goodly parents who got to raise me here. They taught me simple truths and prayed for me. I got to watch them really work, truly serve, and I have seen them love people with a pure love of Christ. I have a testimony of my Savior. All these things have made me. 

It makes my heart full to know that my children will have what I had…and still have…because I was raised here!



They say “home is where the heart is” and this wonderful town has a lot of heart, which is why it is truly our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment