Saturday, December 2, 2017

Angels in Service by Velvet Nielsen

I love living in St. Johns because of the good people here. So often others have been angels when I needed help. 

When I was pregnant with Josi I had been on bed rest for two months for toxemia and was in a mess. Some lovely women came to my home when I went to the hospital and cleaned and organized and decorated my home. I came back with my new baby to a place of order and peace.

Many times we have had good neighbors help us with hay. This fall Bishop Hancock, along with Delton and Jared, stopped to help Vanden and the boys get the hay off the field. I love the people here.

Mosiah Chapter 18, verses 8 and 9:
And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;
Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life—

No comments:

Post a Comment