Saturday, April 30, 2016

I'm a Big Fan of His by Suzanne Hancock (and Cael and Paul)

On the way home from church on Easter Sunday, I had a CD playing in the car. My son, Cael, went to turn it up and said he wanted it louder because "It's beautiful music about Jesus, and I love Jesus. I'm a big fan of His." Of course, this made me chuckle at his choice of words (We obviously love sports at our house!), but as I have reflected on his simple comment over the last month, I have come to see how important it is that we ARE big fans of the one who gave all that we might have all. With this in mind, we, as a family, compiled a top-ten list of how we can show how much we love our Savior, Jesus Christ.

1. "Say a prayer." -Cael
2. "Serve others." -Paul
3. Wear His jersey, or in other words, bear His name as witnesses of Him, at all times and in all things and in all places.
4. "Do anything he wants us to do." -Cael
5. "Treat people with kindness." -Paul
6. Hold up signs proclaiming our love: Testify of Him, in word and in deed.
7. "Listen to His prophet." -Paul
8. Read and study His playbook, the scriptures, to give us direction and answers.
9."Imitate His life, just like you would imitate a favorite player." -Paul
10. Believe in Him and in His promises to us, that we will win if we follow Him.


I know that if we will do our best to emulate Jesus Christ, He will draw nearer to us and His spirit will direct our lives more fully. May we ever be unashamed to declare that we are not only His biggest fans, but that we truly are His dedicated followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment